The abdominal fat is one of the most stubborn fats to get rid of. It is a mix of subcutaneous and visceral fat. Hence, the visceral fat wraps around the inner organs and can be detrimental to the health. Although this fat is hard to eliminate, you can try a set of simple exercises which can reduce the stubborn belly fat in just 14 days. The following set of exercises is split into three levels: beginner, intermediate and advanced. Thus, you should perform all 9 moves every day. However, if this is too challenging for you, start with the beginner moves and work your way up.
Belly-Busting Exercise Routine
1. Butterfly Crunch
This is a powerful exercise which targets the rectus abdominous. In order to perform this exercise, follow these instructions.
- Lie on your back with the soles of your feet together. Place the soles as close to your body as possible and bend the knees out to sides.
- Then, place hands behind your head while placing the elbows in line with ears.
- Next, while maintaining the back flat on floor and stomach muscles contracted, exhale and curl your chest up a few inches off the floor toward your legs.
- Then, lower to start.
- Repeat 10 times.
2. Side to Side
This effective exercise will target your obliques. Simply, follow these steps:
- Start on the floor, with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Place your arms at your sides.
- Then, exhale and contract your abs as you slide your right hand toward your right foot.
- Keep the head and neck aligned and your lower back pressed to the floor.
- Next, go back to start, then switch sides.
- Repeat 15 times.
3. Front Plank
This beginner exercise targets the transverse abdominals. These are the steps:
- Place your body on your knees and hands while maintaining the back straight. Moreover, the neck should be relaxed.
- Then, drop down to your forearms while extending legs out behind you so you are resting on the balls of your feet.
- Hold for 3 seconds, then return to starting position.
- Repeat 10 times.
1. Fingers to Toes
This is an intermediate exercise which targets the rectus abdominous. All you should do is follow these instructions:
- Lie on your back with your legs straight and raised toward the ceiling. Keep your arms down by your sides.
- Then, exhale and contract your abs as you crunch up from your waist. You should extend your hands toward your toes.
- Do 2 sets of 15 repetitions.
This powerful exercise will target your obliques. Follow these instructions:
- Start on the floor on your back with your fingers resting behind your head.
- Then, raise your left knee and touch it to your right elbow.
- Next, return to start and then raise your right knee and touch it to your left elbow.
- You should alternate for 15 repetitions.
3. Reverse Crunch with Resistance Bands
This is an effective intermediate exercise which targets the transverse abdominals. These are the steps:
- Start on your back with your knees bent. Place your arms down by your sides, holding one end of a band in each hand, with the band wrapped around.
- Then, raise your knees toward your chest
- Hold for 3 seconds and go back to start.
- Do 2 sets of 10 repetitions.
This is an advanced move which targets the rectus abdominous. These are the instructions:
- You should brace yourself between the backrests of two sturdy chairs. Make sure to maintain the elbows slightly bent, shoulders down, and your neck relaxed.
- Then, exhale and slowly bring your knees to your chest.
- Do 3 sets of 15 repetitions.
2. Leg Swings
This advanced exercise targets the obliques. All you should do is perform the following steps:
- Start on your back with arms out to sides, legs and feet pointing up.
- Then, exhale and draw navel in toward spine. You should lower legs to left side about 5 inches from the floor.
- Next, return to start and repeat on right side.
- Alternate sides for 3 sets of 15 repetitions.
3. Ball Leg Lift
This exercise will target your transverse abdominals. These are the guidelines:
- Start on the floor with your face down on a ball and roll forward until your hands are on the floor. Keep the tops of your feet flat on the ball.
- Then, slowly lift leg a bit toward the ceiling and hold for 3 seconds.
- Next, lower it.
- Alternate the legs for 10 repetitions.