Causes Of Puffy Eyes
As you may know, one of the most popular causes of puffy and tired eyes is aging. Because the skin underneath the eyes is very thin, this augments any changes which can occur in your body when you age. The tissues in your eyelids become weaker over time and leading to falling fat in the upper eyelid and resting in the lower eyelid. As a result, puffy eyes appear.
In addition to aging factor, there are some other reasons that result in puffy eyes:
- Not enough sleep
- Hormonal changes
- Fluid retention
- Too much sun
- A change in weather
- Excessive crying
- Unhealthy diet
- Excessive physical stress
- Other health conditions
The Effective Home remedies for puffy eyes
1. Eat More Potassium
If you are finding the wonderful home remedies for puffy eyes , a diet with more potassium is a suit answer for you. Potassium has the ability to reduce excess fluids in the body, thereby smoothing swollen eyes. Therefore, you need to raise your potassium intake by including yogurt, bananas, beans, and leafy greens in your diet.
If you are eating a diet with potassium-rich foods, you talk to your nutritionist about whether the potassium level is fine to be able to take the appropriate adjustments.
2. Chamomile Tea
Chamomile is known as an effective . It is useful for soothing puffiness caused by allergies. When it comes to eyes, it not only helps with inflammation but also contains the properties which are capable of soothing irritated skin and itchy. These symptoms are different with any swelling. In addition, it is also good for strained or tired eyes.
- You take 2 chamomile tea bags and soak them in boiling water for about 5 minutes.
- Then you remove the bags and allow them to cool down.
- After the procedure is done, you start squeezing out to get rid of any excess liquid. Now, you lie down and put them on your eyes so that they work.
- You keep it on for at least 12 minutes two times a day to notice the satisfied results.
When it comes to treating puffy eyes, using eggs is believed as a natural home remedy. Egg whites have the ability to tighten and nourish the skin under your eyes, thereby fighting against wrinkles effectively. Eggs also aid in reducing the inflammation around your eyes. Furthermore, Vitamin B present in them helps to enhance the blood circulation, while their astringent properties assist in soothing the inflammation and toning the skin at the same time.
- First of all, you break 2 eggs and separate the yolks from egg whites.
- You collect the egg whites in a small bowl and whip them thoroughly until they become consistent.
- Then you add several drops of essential oil or witch hazel which is a skin-tightening astringent.
- By using a soft cloth or a brush, you apply this solution under your puffy eyes.
- You keep it on for 15 minutes to dry naturally before rinsing with cool water
- You should apply this regularly for several days to heal your puffy eyes.
If you are finding the simple and easy home remedies for puffy eyes , chilled cucumbers are the best choice for you to deal with this problem. The astringent properties and the enzymes in cucumbers are capable of reducing inflammation and tightening the skin quickly and effectively.
This remedy also helps to get rid of dark circles and wrinkles around your eyes. On top of that, cucumbers are packed with antioxidants that calm irritation while the cooling effects containing the frozen slices assist in reducing swelling.
- Firstly, you cut a cucumber into many thick slices.
- Then you chill these slices by placing them in your refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
- Now, you take the cold slices out and place them on your eyelids with the closed eyes until they become warm.
- This process usually takes about 10 minutes.
- You should repeat the home remedy several times a day to get the eyes with full of vitality.
5. Tomato Juice
Tomato not only has many health benefits but also is one of the most popular ingredients for care skin. Tomato juice has the wonderful effects on swollen eyes. They are capable of making your skin less inflamed as well as less puffy, thereby tightening the area around the eye skin and providing instant relief from puffy eyes.
- You make a mixture by adding tomato juice and lemon juice extracted from one whole lemon to a small bowl.
- Once these ingredients are mixed well, you use a clean cotton ball to dip this tomato liquid on your eye area.
- You keep it on your skin for 10 minutes before washing it off with cool water.
Disclaimer: Femalle.net does not guarantee any specific results as a result of the procedures mentioned here and the results may vary from person to person. The topics in these pages including text, graphics, videos and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only and not to be substituted for professional medical advice.